Last modified: 07/05/22
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including any website operated by a third party.
Children Under the Age of 13
Although we welcome students under the age of 13 to learn more about St. Joseph’s Academy, we encourage this to be done with parental supervision. No one under the age of 13 may provide personal information to our Website, and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not provide any information on this Website. Please request that a parent or guardian do so on your behalf. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verified parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we may have received information about a child under 13 through the Website, please contact email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information, including: 1) information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (personal information) and 2) information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and/or automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. Completing these online forms is entirely voluntarily. The forms asks for only the information necessary for the purpose for which you are providing it.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (posted) on public or private areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (User Contributions). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: 1) details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access and use on the Website and 2) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or for other related website statistics.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please complete the form on the right side of this page.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you provide your contact information for the alumnae directory, it will be added to the directory database and accessible by other users.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of St. Joseph’s Academy, our students, our employees, or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We store all user information in secure databases protected via a variety of access controls. This data is accessed only for the purposes specified in this privacy statement. We do not store any credit card information pertaining to online transactions in our databases. All sensitive data is encrypted and sent via SSL.
If you are in the European Union, please click here.