The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet's call, "to serve the Dear Neighbor without distinction," is taught every day. It is a call we must answer as a school community.
Keeping St. Joe accessible for deserving students of all backgrounds who would not otherwise attend due to affordability is vitally important. We do this through our scholarship funds and tuition assistance. The Academy deeply appreciates the generous support of donors who address this critical need. A named fund requires a minimum gift of $25,000, and endowed scholarships begin at $50,000. Gifts reaching $350,000 provide a fully endowed scholarship for a student.
- Scholarship support and tuition assistance is awarded to approximately 35 percent of our students.
- More than $876,000 is distributed annually for scholarship and assistance.
- Additional scholarship funding is needed to keep up with rising costs and family needs.
- SJA tuition is currently $17,610, not including fees and extra-curricular activities.
- The SJA Finance Committee recently approved framework for naming and endowing scholarships.
Scholarship Giving - Why We Give
The SJA Community is very special to us and we hope to provide scholarship support to students who would like to attend St. Joe and receive the excellent education and experience that our daughters had.
Dick and Katy Felke Baalmann '55
Daughters Mary Baalmann Adkins '79, Margaret Baalman Weis '81 and Annie Baalmann DeBoer '84
The following is a listing of our named scholarships and funds. Contributions can be made to any of the existing scholarships.
If you are interested in contributing to one of the following scholarships, or establishing your own named scholarship, please contact Linda Decker '83, Director of Institutional Advancement, at (314) 394-4345 or e-mail at email@example.com, or contact Rene DeFiore, Advancement Officer, at (314) 394-7883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mary Baalman Adkins '79 Scholarship
- Annie Baalmann DeBoer '84 Scholarship
- Margaret Baalmann Weis '81 Scholarship
- Berra Family Foundation Scholarship
- Boniface Foundation Scholarship
- Anne Eschbacher Chivetta ’80 Scholarship
- Class of '74 Scholarship
- Alice Claire Enghauser '84 Scholarship
- Virginia Barrett Florman '32 Scholarship
- General Scholarship
- Colleen M. Hipp '91 Memorial Scholarship
- John and Anne Jordan Family Scholarship
- Kelley Kiernan Scholarship
- Robert Korte Scholarship
- The Lay Family Foundation Scholarship
- Harold Lorenz Scholarship
- Neal P. Murphy Scholarship
- Parent Scholarship
- Bud and Kay Routh Scholarship
- The Saigh Foundation Scholarship
- Sisters of St. Joseph Scholarship
- The Mark and Patti Sullivan Mays '82 Scholarship
- Barbara J. Weidert ’47 Scholarship
- Lynda Langhi Wright (SJA 1958) Scholarship
- Alumnae Tribute Scholarship
- Paul M. and Elizabeth C. "Betty" Berra Scholarship
- Sr. Mary de Paul Berra Scholarship
- Binder-Osterholt Scholarship
- Dittmeier Scholarship
- David Fink Memorial Scholarship
- Sr. Nancy Folkl Scholarship
- Sr. Pam Harding Scholarship
- Sr. Joan Lampton Scholarship
- Maria Liese Scholarship
- Betsy Martin '77 Leadership Fund
- Mary Beth's Angels Foundation Scholarship
- Naples Snowbird Scholarship
- The Poppell Family Scholarship
- Ravarino Family Scholarship
- Betty L. Schrappen Memorial Scholarship
- Joanne Crowley Sullivan Scholarship
- Tuition Assistance Fund
- Mary Pamela Underhill '64 Scholarship
- Sr. Anne Agnes von Steiger Scholarship