Every other year on St. Joe Day at the end of August, Campus Ministry invites the SJA community to consider donating 8 or more inches of their hair to Children with Hair Loss. Children With Hair Loss is a non-profit organization that provides human hair replacements at no cost to children and young adults facing medically-related hair loss. When a child's hair is lost due to cancer treatments, Alopecia, Trichotillomania, burns, etc., the painful effects are far deeper than just cosmetic. Each year, the number of children requesting hair replacements increases and with SJA’s support, CWHL can continue to increase the number of children that they are able to help!
So, we are asking you to think about skipping those summer/back-to-school haircuts and to consider donating at our “SJA Rocks the Bob” hair donation event in August.
Helpful information for those considering donating:
We invite professional stylists to join us to help make the day great!
- Stylists will cut ponytails off only (as evenly as possible).
- Those donating are encouraged to make a hair appointment later that afternoon to get their hair evened out and styled.
- If you are a professional hair stylist and are interested in helping out with the day, let us know!
- Donated hair must be a minimum of 8” long (measured from just above the elastic band of the ponytail tothe ends).
- If donating wavy/curly hair, you may straighten it before measuring.
- Hair must be clean and dry, pony-tailed and/or braided.
- Non-chemically treated hair is preferred (but any hair in good condition will be accepted).
- Gray hair is accepted.
Questions? Please contact Anna Hotop, Director of Campus Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org.