The Fine Arts Department encourages the individual student’s potential to communicate and express creatively. Faculty strive to develop the students’ sensitivity to the human condition and an awareness of the role of the artist effecting change. The Fine Arts Department endeavors to make art a dynamic influence in the life of the school so that students and faculty can become more aware of the beauty surrounding them. The department emphasizes the long lasting effect of fine arts and its impact on the students’ lives.
- Students will develop aesthetic awareness and the skills necessary for observation and critical judgment of a work of art.
- Students will be provided opportunities for artistic expression which are both productive and satisfying for the individual.
- Students will develop skills for specific techniques.
- Students will be provided multiple opportunities to develop their individual potential.
- Students will develop the ability for expressive communication “in an environment that challenges students to grow in respect for self and others.”
- The students’ creativity will be nurtured.
- The students’ critical thinking will be promoted.
To meet the graduation requirement of St. Joseph’s Academy and that of the state of Missouri, one full credit is required.