St. Joseph’s Academy is a college preparatory school in Frontenac, Missouri sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Founded in 1840, the mission of the Academy is to provide quality Catholic education for young women in an environment that challenges them to grow in faith, knowledge, and respect for self and others. Our community expects these young women to make a profound impact in the world. St. Joseph’s Academy is committed to developing young women to be “Values-Driven Leaders” and upholds the school’s motto, “Not I, But We.”
This full-time position is a unique opportunity for an energetic multi-task oriented individual to work with multiple resources in a dynamic environment. The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Director of Advancement and will contribute to advancing the school by propelling the image and identity through content marketing. This position is responsible for promoting the mission, programs, events and student achievements to external and internal audiences.
The Marketing Coordinator works creatively with outside resources, faculty, staff and administrators to help communicate the school’s mission and successes through written and electronic communications to local, regional and national media and social media outlets; ensures the school’s brand standards are consistent in all communications. This position will also work on strategic outreach and initiatives with the Admissions staff.
- Conduct outreach to alumnae, parents, students and the community through social media. Responsible for content creation, scheduling, posting and community management of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
- Strategize and create content, coordinate and produce written marketing materials, including the alumnae magazine, annual report and admissions materials.
- Research and develop story ideas through meetings with Advancement, administrators, faculty, staff, alumnae and students.
- Prepare media communication and stories to external press, including assistance and support with crisis communication.
- Coordinate photography and annual video production.
- Responsible for working with Webmaster on website communication and updates.
- Attend school events and publicize newsworthy information.
- Develop a strategic advertising plan and work with each media outlet for best placement.
- Prepare and proof all mass communications to various constituencies, including managing internal proofing processes.
- Market SJA’s giving campaigns via media in collaboration with the Director of Advancement, Annual Giving and Alumnae Relations Specialists.
- Other duties as assigned to advance the mission of the Academy.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English or related field.
- 3 years+ experience in marketing and communications.
- Social Media skills strongly preferred.
- Creative, results-oriented communications professional.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Creative graphic design skills a plus.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Detail oriented, flexible and willing to participate in all aspects of Advancement
- Photoshop and video editing skills a plus.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and a resume to Linda Decker, Director of Institutional Advancement at email@example.com