St. Joseph’s Academy is a college preparatory school in St. Louis, Missouri sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Founded in 1840, the mission of the Academy is to provide quality Catholic education for young women in an environment that challenges them to grow in faith, knowledge, and respect for self and others. Our community expects these young women to make a profound impact in the world. St. Joseph’s Academy is committed to developing young women to be “Values-Driven Leaders” and upholds the school’s motto, “Not I, But We.”
The Annual Giving Specialist is responsible for developing and executing the annual giving program for the school to meet both annual revenue goals that align with the mission of the Academy and donor intent.
This position is charged with seeking financial participation among constituent groups including alumnae, parents, grandparents and friends that advance the goals of the Academy. Works to develop relationships and manages donor portfolios and annual giving programs, including reunion giving. The Annual Giving Specialist works with Advancement colleagues, faculty and staff to drive giving and propel stewardship. This position is part-time and reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement.
- Works to develop a prospect list of annual mid-size donors through identifying, renewing and upgrading Annual Fund donors in varied gift ranges. Works with Major Gift Officer to identify potential Celestine level donors ($1,000 and above.)
- Manages the pipeline of current and prospective donors to develop segmentation and solicitation strategy including direct mail, electronic solicitations and phone solicitations.
- Identify prospects for personal solicitations and cultivation, manage a donor portfolio.
- Works with Alumnae Relations Specialist to form the annual reunion giving plan.
- Establishes and builds relationships with a wide range of alumnae, alumnae parents and current parents to communicate school needs and programs.
- Represent St. Joseph’s Academy in larger community and network of fundraising professionals
- Works with Director to establish specific goals for funds raised that concur with a strategic plan.
- Ensures the mission and core values are incorporated in the duties & responsibilities of position.
- Responsible for fiscal management of development goals; and adherence to the prospect management system.
- Three-four years or more experience in development, fund raising and personal solicitation
- Excellent written communication, interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Demonstrates the ability to incorporate data, strategize, build and implement Moves Management programs and activities
- Demonstrates flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve Academy goals
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with volunteers
- Work evenings and weekends as needed for donor meetings or events.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products; Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.